Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 6/365 Fear Not

Day 6
Genesis 46:3
 And he said, I am God, the God of thy father: fear not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation,

 

Sometimes we pray,


we stand,

we confess,


and we meditate for years.



Yet, we feel forsaken.
 
 

And then - lo, and behold it happens!

The window of heaven opens!



The faithful God has led us through the wilderness.

But it doesn't always happen.

Many people think God is working this world and the lives of people like a puppeteer - I think not!


This God - is a God of free will.

You choose to obey.


You choose to walk by faith not by sight.


 
You choose to step out, even in fear.



To reckless abandonment
 


To oneness with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
 


In doing that resides the making of His fearless bride.



For Her He awaits.

For Her He has come down into Egypt.
To make of her a great nation.
 


AMEN
To read this series from the beginning click here.



6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I loved this! The image of the fearless bride is just breath-taking. I've struggled with fear my whole like (it's what my 31 Day Writing Series was about), and I think you captured it perfectly when you say that it's all about obedience...a lesson I've learned. Even when it doesn't make sense, you just simple follow God and wait for His goodness! Thanks for sharing this!

    Blessings-
    Christine Leeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This spoke to me today. I need to remember that is important to walk by faith and not by sight. Oh so true! I am going to try and remember this as I live into my one word for 2015 "brave."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living by faith...yes, desiring that.
    Thanks for your beautiful words and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how many times Scripture reminds us to not be afraid. Thank you for the reminder today that wherever we go and whatever we do, we can move forward in faith because, in His hands, we truly have nothing to fear. Blessings to you and yours - thanks so much for sharing! ~Heather @ My Overflowing Cup

    ReplyDelete