Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 5/365 Fear Not

Day 5
Genesis 43:23
 
And he said, Peace be to you, fear not: your God, and the God of your father, hath given you treasure in your sacks: I had your money. And he brought Simeon out unto them

 
 
Any situation can bring fear.  That is why we must receive peace.
 
That is why peace was given to you as a fruit of the Spirit.
 
 
So once you receive peace, let the fear go.

 
 
If you won't receive peace, the fear will stay.

 
 
Whatever staying in peace looks like for you
 
meditating on scripture


meditating on the goodness of God

 
 
meditating on the times he has been faithful

 
 
meditating on his love towards you


 
peace will always stay because of what you are meditating on - your mind is the chamber for peace.
 

AMEN
If you would like to read this series from the beginning click here.

 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing a peaceful moment to my Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is interesting to note how many times the words "fear not" or "do not be afraid" appear in the Bible. I guess God knows how much we need to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool series! I admire your goal of writing every day--I thought I'd finished a marathon when I made it through October ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My niece challenged me at Family Vacation - and it has paid off! Thanks for encouraging me. I have no small children at home - lol

      Delete
  4. Jennifer above makes a good point. Oh how many times those phrases appear in the Bible. My friend Renee's husband Ben died in the Haiti earthquake. His last words were "Gods peace to us we pray." Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace instead of fear in Jesus name! On a side note that baby picture is so cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - you never know. Pretty serious subject - sometimes people can't take a joke. I am sure you have noticed.

      Delete
  6. This weekend my daughter and I were considering someone who is paralyzed by fear - she is a believer but has allowed fear to affect every aspect of her life - it is very, very sad. Peace, His peace He gives to us. But, we must take hold of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this reminder of how often we are instructed to leave our fears and live in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post and neat illustrations! You got so much from just one passage! You are telling me there's going to be more? Like...woah. :)

    ReplyDelete