Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day 3/ 365 Fear Not

Day 3
Genisus 26:24

And the LORD appeared unto him (Issac) the same night, and said, I am the God of Abraham thy father: fear not, for I am with thee, and will bless thee, and multiply thy seed for my servant Abraham's sake.
 
There is security in generations of your family serving and loving God.  There might not be anything more secure than that in the entire world.
 

Money doesn't bring that kind of security.
 
Fame doesn't being it.
 
Even long life does not.
 
But show me a family where the men have loved God, loved their wives, loved their children, and continue to remain faithful to God and family, and I will tell you that you are looking at truth riches that can take fear out of the formula.
 
 

Because
These men have taught the way of the Lord.

          
These men are living the way of the Lord.
 
           
These men will perpetuate the ways of the Lord for generations to come.
 
 
Fear has no power over that.
 
And yet, it is one of the rarest commodities to be found on earth.
 
Which is why fear is so rampant.
To read this series from the beginning click here. 

 

5 comments:

  1. A great and insightful post. Looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debra, great Post. I like the Challenge of Fear Not. More grace to you.

    http://purposefulandmeaningful.blogspot.com/p/free-printabl.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite verse is 2 Timothy 1:7...Fear Not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in a family of godly men, and now I work with kids who come from families who don't know God. It makes a huge difference, there's no doubt about it! My students pretty much live in fear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Fear Not phrase. I'm afraid of a lot of things, but gradually have learned that if God wants me to do something, then He'll give me the strength! God's blessings on your new year and your new phrase!

    ReplyDelete