Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 21/ 365 Fear Not - Arise

DAY 21
Joshua 8:1
And the LORD said unto Joshua, Fear not, neither be thou dismayed: take all the people of war with thee, and arise,

The more I meditate on the 365 Fear Nots in the Bible, the more I believe fear attacks us because of many reasons - one is that
we are not unified as the Body of Christ


 

What if all the busyness - I am so busy.  I didn't see your call.  What's up?
 



What if all the worldliness - I have to have that - you know, that shoe where you pay to have the bottom a certain color although it doesn't make it worth more and you know you are buying it just so you can appear to have so much money you can buy these shoes - yep, these!  but we all  know!


 
What if all the jealousy - She has such an awesome life, husband, children, car, everything!



What if all the social media - Did you see that picture of Sally and her family in Hawaii?



is doing only one thing 
 
keeping us apart
 
keeping us from supporting each other
 
keeping us from encouraging each other
 
keeping us from pushing each other toward our destinies

What if the big plan of the enemy is to keep us apart and to keep us ineffective?

Maybe that is why we don't feel welcome in church

Maybe that is why social media presents such one sided pictures of other peoples' lives

Maybe that is why we feel that certain whatever with the right name on it will satisfy us

What if we are focusing on the wrong things?

 not supporting each other,

 not pushing others past their fears,
and thus not building the Kingdom in our city, country, world?

Can you imagine how different your battle would be if you could
take all the people of war with thee, and arise?


 
Encourage someone today to FEAR NOT
 
Arise and go with them through the battle.
Hold up their hands
Ye people of the battle

 
AMEN
To read this series from the beginning, click here.

3 comments:

  1. You raise some excellent questions, Debi. I think our ridiculous self-expectations (which come about because we covet other's abilities or possessions) are definitely a cause of fear (although with that shoe? My fear would come from trying to walk in that thing!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice. A friend of mine was so brave when she met me at a children's class she saw my diaper bag tag that showed her I went to her church. She was brave enough to make a connection. I was new and had only been in town a few months. She brought me into her circle and I feel so blessed. She was brave and wasn't afraid to reach out. I need to do the same. You never know how much reaching out means.

    ReplyDelete