Friday, January 16, 2015

Day 16 / 365 Fear Not - Chocking Fear

Day 16
Deuteronomy 3:2
And the LORD said unto me, Fear him not: for I will deliver him, and all his people, and his land, into thy hand; and thou shalt do unto him as thou didst unto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon.

Again?  He said the very same words to Moses, again?



The very same words?


I had to recheck my Bible.  Did he really say the exact same words? Again?



I wonder  if God hates to repeat himself.


I wonder how much we avoid listening.



I wonder how strangling  is to our ears.



I wonder how chocking it is to our memory.



I wonder how paralyzing it all is?
 to think that it happened once, but surely that must have been a fluke and coincident

I will tell you
 
 
It is very strangling, chocking, and paralyzing.
 
So we need to
 
 
AMEN
To read this from the beginning click here.

5 comments:

  1. I spoke to a women's group once about this topic. God puts a lot of emphases on not fearing in the Bible so it must be something more important than we sometimes realize. By the way, I looked up the books you recommended. Looking forward to diving in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Karrilee - I love the way you spell you name!

      Delete
  3. I often times need God to repeat for me to listen. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete