Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day 10/ 365 Fear Not - Nourishing Us

Day 10
Genesis 50:21
Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.
 
                               
Joseph was a savior, a type of Jesus.   He was one who endured hardships to benefit others.

Just like Jesus, Joseph had no conditions for his care towards those who had turned on him. 

He did not say -
first before I help you tell me how sorry you are for all I have endured
 

 
admit you lied and broke the heart of our father


Then
 I will think about what I will do for you

 Nope, not at all
     
      He simply said
 
 Let me care for you and your little ones.

 

Wait, what?
It seems shocking...
 
Yet
 
Everyone who has been born again has encounterd this same kindness from our Lord
even though
we ignored Him - he still continued to bring goodness into our lives
 
we were busy trying to fix everything our self - he still reached out his hand
 
 
we spent copious amounts of time doing frilvious things - He waited for our time
 

we didn't believe - He continued to chase us
 
       
  
No matter what you've done Jesus is desiring to nourish you, and your little ones, comfort you, and speak kindly unto you
 
Amazing.
 
All we have to do is receive it and fear not. 
Don't you love God's currency?
Let us go forth and do our transactions with this same currency.
 
Amen
To see this series Fear Not from the beginning click here.

1 comment:

  1. A great post once again! I'm looking forward to your posts daily. :-)

    ReplyDelete