Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 9/365 Fear Not - Sin Not

Day 9
Exodus 20:20
And Moses said unto the people, Fear not: for God is come to prove you, and that his fear may be before your faces, that ye sin not.
 
Fear Not - Sin Not
 
I always knew these two were related.    Fear gets us into sin.
 
You fear you will lose your job,

 so you compromise.
 
 
You fear you will lose your mind,
so you live in hysteria.
.
 
You fear you will be found out,
 so you lie.
 
You fear you will not be loved,
so you give in.
 
You fear ridicule,
so you don't take a stand.
 
God is come to prove you.     Is His fear before your face?    So that you will not sin.

 
  
May God prove us as we keep His fear before our faces.
 
AMEN
 
To see this Fear Not series from the beginning click here

13 comments:

  1. I've never thought of the connection between fear and sin before! God wants us to give our fears to him rather than try to control them ourselves (which usually leads us into sin). Thank you for sharing your insight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are control freaks. You'd think we'd learn.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by - upon examination, I saw that many times my fears led me right into sin - FEAR NOT/ 2015

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely true! Then one sin leads to another and another. We have to give to him from the start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I never thought of that point of view. But it is very true. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! Fears can overtake us and get us into places we wish we could flee from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to think about here; thank you for the reflection. I can't help but think of the angels who told the shepherds, "FEAR NOT" and of verses like, "Do not worry about tomorrow..." God is not a god of fear, and mostly, fear itself signifies a lack of faith... which is sin. He casts out our fear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to swallow for sure - but true - fear does signify a lack of faith - double-mindedness - surely that man will receiving nothing from the Lord - FEAR NOT/ 2015

      Delete
  7. I can't help it... each time I'm here I can't wait for...THE PICTURES! It just sucks me in!! You have started something...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethany - I have really struggled with my voice - how do I want to come across - how do I want to say what I want to say - I think I've found my place - few words - many pictures - now to find places to find them!

      Delete