Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 8/ 365 Fear Not - Your Sacks

Day 8
Genisis 43:23
And he said, Peace be to you, fear not: your God, and the God of your father, hath given you treasure in your sacks:


Has God given you treasure in your sacks?


Has He given you treasure in what you have asked Him for in your time of need?
Has He blessed your situation abundantly more than you would ever dream?
Has He given you the desires of your heart - in your ministry, your giftings, your family, your worship?

Or 

Are you living in fear and don't see your needs being met by God?
Are you are trying to fill your own sacks/ needs on your own efforts?
Are you  trying to feed your own hunger?

With what?

money
recognition
social media
surface relationships
clothes
children
exercise
books
promotions
friends
revenge
etc

Yet

we know none of those things feed our hunger.
 


For Only As 
we receive from God alone that unique sack that feeds our hunger, will He will put treasure in our sack.
 

And

We will see abundance and peace.

If your sacks are only being filled with your efforts...  your gifts...your work...


 
Then just as Joseph's brothers were, you are starving and living in fear of dying
 
 
at least they knew it.
AMEN
To read the 365 Fear Not series from the beginning click here.

8 comments:

  1. Another post I needed to read. Too often I think I am trying to fill my sack with my desires and not Gods. I need to fully trust and rely on him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, I have been thinking about this today too - trying to separate those - my desires and his, so that I can start to believe him to fill my sacks to satisfy the hunger I am feeling for what he desires for me.

      Delete
  2. Reminds me, "What's in your wallet?" What's in our sacks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again I have to say: I've never thought of it that way! Thanks for opening my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love your name - thanks for stopping by and being kind enough to comment - God's word is pretty amazing, huh? Always has new dimensions.

      Delete
  4. This is definitely something for me to think about. I want to go back and read this verse in its context too. Thanks for a great post! Dropping by from 31 Days Survivors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for dropping by - no matter our need, God has a sack for us and when we get it from Him - there are treasures galore - fear not!

      Delete