Saturday, November 22, 2014

Love Does Not Behave Itself Unseemly

Love Does Not Behave Itself Unseemly
 
 
Sometimes we are just unseemly - great word - almost a pretty word for not being nice.  I fell into the trap just the other day.  I wanted to be unseemly - rude, dismissive, angry,  unkind, and self-centered just to name a few ideas I had. 
 
At time we are all unseemly
 because
 
we are hurt
we are protecting our heart
we want others who hurt us to be hurt
we have things that we'd like to say
we are caught in the trap of selfishness
we are almost insane with pain
 
 
At these times 
 
we would really like to be

the one who doesn't take things personally
 the one who turns the other cheek - cheerfully - as if we're not  hurt
 the kind one
the joyful one
the seemly one
the one to whom Christ's love is enough
the one who remembers he bore our sorrow
 
 



 


2 comments:

  1. You are so right! That picture is wild and fun and seems to truly capture the idea of unseemly. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here.
    Bless you with GREAT JOY on your amazing journey with Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tempted to be unseemly yesterday, but thank God, I was wise enough not to, or else things could have degenerated into an unwanted argument. I'm proud of myself I was able to do it. They say this comes with age. It's true. 10 years ago I would have been as unseemly as I could and felt righteous to do so.

    ReplyDelete