Thursday, October 30, 2014

Day 30 - Freaking Day Two

Day 30
 

Thanks to Barbara London for suggesting
this verse check out her blog at

I Corinthians 13 : 4

 Charity suffereth long…(KJV)

 The second day you freak on a verse you take a section and a question or two and go at it!

What does suffering long mean and how long is long?

In the 2000’s we do anything and everything to keep from suffering.  Honestly, we don’t even want to even be uncomfortable.  or embarrassed.  or inconvenienced. or wronged.  

Nope.  We want comfort, convenience, and things our way.

Suffereth long – makrothymeo - means to be patient.

If you love you

persevere patiently and bravely

endure misfortunes and troubles

          bear offenses and injuries of others

are mild and slow in avenging

are slow to anger

are slow to punish
 
How long is long? 

Probably as long as you want God to suffer and be patient with you

Oh, yeah
 
To read freaking on I Cor 13 from the beginning click here
 
 
 

If you would like to read this series from the beginning click here!

8 comments:

  1. Whew, that's a hard topic - suffering, especially like you said, in this day and age. Not an easy one to dwell on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your comment. Yes, we don't like suffering, yet our example embraced it.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! This one hits home a little. I do like to be comfortable. Thanks for the reminder that God is long-suffering with me. I think the journey I've been on as a caretaker has been helping me in this area - God is using it to help me be more long-suffering. But there are still days that I forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can imagine how that role would push you into this position - and you can either embrace suffering as our Savior did or reject it and flee. Many people do the later. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Amen sister! Preach! ;-) seriously though. Good truth there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I'm definitely one who craves comfort. This is a difficult post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so kind to stop by and take the time to comment.

      Delete