Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 28 - More Than My Need Met

Day 28

More Than My Need Met
Hebrews 4: 16
Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

We are all about getting our needs met.

We are all about receiving mercy and grace.

What about the importance of being that approachable person who gives mercy and grace to people in their time of need?

Sometimes we have a hard time receiving mercy and grace because we have not generously given mercy and grace to others.



Let us be that place where people can come to receive forgiveness, help in their time of need, love, counsel, truth, and kindness.
As we lavishly give it out, we are more likely to be able to receive it.
Let mercy and grace become a central part of our life – both giving and receiving it.

Thanks to Beth Hess for giving me this verse to freak on.  Check out her blog at justbebeth.wordpress.com
 

4 comments:

  1. Feels like I got my hand slapped - and I needed it. What a good reminder to show grace and mercy to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I needed to hear that! It's been taking me too long to forgive and show grace to someone! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always need to work on sharing a little more love and grace...especially when things get a little hairy! That's when we need to give the most, because it'll build us up as well.

    ReplyDelete