You can freak on one verse or multiple. You can use one basic idea or more. The main thing is to just step out of the box and think.
When you start to analyze the Bible in the Freakanomics way there are some things to keep in mind according to Steve Levitt and Stephen Dubner such as:
1. Look at incentives.
2. What are the indisputable facts?
3. Don’t rely on what you have always believed.
4. Two items moving in the same direction does not mean they have correlation.
5. Feedback is important.
6. Don't gravitate to the obvious but don't be afraid of it either.
7. Come at the verse from a totally different way.
8. Look at things from a child's point of view.
9. Don't take yourself too seriously - have fun with it.
10. Don't be closed to flaws in your ideas.
11. Don't be constantly worrying about everyone agreeing with you.
12. Be willing to listen to the ides of others.
Tomorrow we will grab a random verse – any verse. We will use one or all the techniques. If anyone has a suggestion, I will use it. If not – I’ll randomly open the Bible and go with it.
To view this 31 day challenge from the first day click here.